The Unitarian chapel in Meadrow, Godalming, was begun in 1783 by a splinter group from the Baptist Church (the General Baptists) who were in favour of a more liberal theology. The location and architectural features of the 18th century chapel are historically significant. More details…
The Unitarian hall can be rented for community activities and private functions.
About the hall
- The overall dimensions of the hall are 10.67m x 6m (35ft x 20ft).
- The floor is pine floorboards, sanded and sealed.
- The hall has large windows, secondary-glazed for sound and heat insulation.
- There is a newly-fitted kitchen, equipped to serve 60 with a light tea. Cutlery and 5 tables with seating are available to serve 40 with a simple meal. A selection of small chairs and tables for children is also available.
- Up to 70 can be seated without tables.
- There is wheelchair access and a toilet for the disabled.
- There are baby changing facilities.
Patrons are asked, if possible, to use the public car park opposite the chapel, adjacent to Wey Court, though there is limited parking in the grounds for around 12 cars (priority given to chapel users and those with mobility problems.)
To make a booking or find out more information. Please contact Paul Richards See Contacts